This was a pretty decent work week for me. I’m hoping for the whole team as well. I spent this week working on the new dragon controller. It was a little tough working on it because a lot of the animations weren’t put into the build until late in the week. Obviously, the movement of the dragon relies on the animations as well.
With that said, I’ve been communicating a decent amount with Healthy on the animations so that we could be on the same page for where the dragon should be and how it move. Generally when she’s done with the animations, Rob gets them and throws them into Unreal. At that point, I’ve been making blend spaces that use the gamepad sticks to blend the animations. This was a learning curve for me, but I think I’ve gotten a handle on it just a little.
We’ve also decided to bring back some of the “magic” into our game. We are hopefully going to be adding a new heavy attack for the rider character. I’ll be adding this into the game during/after I work on the dragon controller. This was decided during our team meeting. They’re also not the easiest thing to get through. But thats another story.
Another thing I’m trying to get working on is the lobby and a way to pick teams. This will hopefully optimize some of the code we have and put less stress on the network.
- There has been a lot of progress
- The dragon looks pretty decent
- The game is looking better
- Our team is communicating slightly better
- There’s a lot of work to do
- Only some members are communicating better